Granite counters have been used for nearly every countertop application in Nashville for decades. You can use granite countertops in the bathroom, kitchen, outdoors, or in the hallway and they always look great.
We’ll look at the pros and cons of granite countertops so that you can figure out if they’re the right fit for your home in Nashville.
The pros and cons of granite counters
The pros of granite countertops
The most important pro in favor of granite countertops is their incredible strength. Do you remember the last time you heard one of your neighbors complaining about their granite counters breaking? Likely never as granite is one of the hardest natural substances on the planet.
Other pros for a href=”http://stoneworldtn.com/products/granite/” title=”granite countertops”>granite countertops include:
- Each granite countertop is unique, no two are exactly the same as it’s a natural material harvested from the ground.
- Granite counters are more resistant to chipping, staining, scratching, and etching than many other countertop materials.
- Granite countertops are available in many different colors
- They require less maintenance when compared to marble. Resealing only needs to happen every 2 years with granite countertops.
With all of those pros, it’s no wonder that so many people in Nashville are choosing granite countertops over nearly every other type of countertop material.
The cons of granite countertops
Granite countertops are not completely stain resistant. They will stain when liquids, and a few other materials, sit on them for a long period of time. Homeowners in Nashville who are responsible shouldn’t have too big of an issue with this.
Other cons for granite counters include:
- Since no two are exactly the same, what you see in a brochure is not what you’ll actually get.
- Granite countertops are not for an amateur to install. They’re heavy and difficult to handle, even for your strongest pals in Nashville!
- Granite countertop show a seam where two pieces of granite meet.
- Your kitchen cabinets must be strong enough to handle their weight.
None of these are real deal breakers for homeowners in Nashville, but you should be aware of them beforehand.
Are granite counters right for your home in Nashville?
For more advice on the pros and cons of granite countertops, speak to the team here are Stone World. Anyone in the Nashville area who is considering granite countertops, but doesn’t quite have all the answers, is wise to call them up!